Trahanoto with shrimps and mussels
6-8 mussels, cleaned
1 onion, finely chopped
1 red pepper, chopped into slices
12 cherry tomatoes, halved without the seeds
220gr bio sour frumenty, Trantou
130ml white wine
extra virgin olive oil
salt and pepper
- Clean the shrimps, by removing their heads and tails.
- In a pot, over medium heat, add 2 tablespoons of extra virgin olive oil and the shrimps, heads and tails. Then, add 5 cups of water and 1 teaspoon of salt. Boil for 10-15 minutes.
- Strain the stock and keep it in a bowl.
- In a pot, over high heat, add 3 tablespoons of extra virgin olive oil, the onion, red pepper, and 7 cherry tomatoes. Sauté.
- Add the frumenty and sauté for 1 more minute.
- Deglaze the pot with the white wine and until the alcohol is evaporated, turn heat to medium and add one cup of stock.
- Add the peas and each time the stock is absorbed, add one more cup of stock.
- Until the frumenty boils and turns al dente, add the shrimps, mussels, rest of cherry tomatoes, parsley, pepper and the rest of the stock.
- After 2 minutes, remove the pot from the heat.