Savory Sweet Bread
280ml warm water
10gr dry yeast
5gr brown sugar
12ml extra virgin olive oil Kyklopas
450-500gr all-purpose flour
Red Pepper paste with aubergine
120gr Mastelo cheese
- In a large bowl, add the warm water, yeast, and sugar. Mix well and set aside for 10 minutes, until the yeast activates. You will know it’s ready when the bubbles start to rise.
- Then, add the egg, half the amount of flour, and salt. Finally, add the olive oil and the rest of the flour. We want a soft and slightly sticky dough.
- Cover with cling film and set aside for 1 hour.
- After the dough has doubled in volume, divide it into 4 equal parts.
- With a rolling pin, open the dough at about 15 cm. Spread the red pepper spread over the strip and put a little grated Mastelo cheese. Seal each strip by pressing down on it so that the filling doesn’t run out while baking. Do the same in the second part.
- Open the other 2 parts with the same procedure, spread basil pesto and grated Mastelo cheese. Seal each strip by pressing down on it so that the filling doesn’t run out while baking. Do the same in the last part.
- Create a braid with all 4 pieces.
- In an elongated form, put non-stick baking paper and transfer the braid.
- Bake in a preheated oven at 180°C for 30-40 minutes, until golden.
- After they cool down cut into slices.