Halva with mastic & almonds
210ml extra virgin olive oil Premium Greenolia
360gr coarse semolina
200gr brown sugar
3 mastic tears
Cinnamon for serving
- In a pot, add the extra virgin olive oil and the semolina. Sauté over medium-low heat, stirring with a wooden spoon. Stir the mixture continuously, until the semolina becomes golden brown. Do not overdo it since semolina burns easily.
- Add the sugar and gradually add the water until it is fully incorporated. It is ready when the mixture thickens and starts to bubble. Remove from the heat.
- Smash the mastic in the mortar (powder) and add it to the mixture. Smash the almond (small pieces) and add them to the mixture, too.
- Transfer the halva to a form and let it cool.
- Unmold and optionally serve with cinnamon.